SOTU__ Obama's a centrist, and how I feel about that depends on the side of the bed I get up on. I do know bowing to the naysayers has to stop, and that claim during the address enlivened me a bit. Overall, the grand scheme of what you say your'e going to do, and what you strive to do in the sphere of reality of obstacles, he's done so much, and in sum, I'm proud of this past year.
SOTU sidenote__ Obama promises to double US exports in 5 years, whoa.
Rutgers suspends Sorority over hyper-hazing - Fucking shameful, that's all: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/29/sorority.hazing/
Prop 8 trial__ Coming to a close shortly, and this trial carries for me more weight than the actual referendum. Why? Legal precedence. This extends outside of the marriage debate because of the "defense's" approach of demonizing gay sexuality - there's a soft implication of the fate of sex-positivity here. Resources drained by HRC and mis-focuses aside, the trial matters. So yes, heteronormative-touting/class-blindness/misdirected-resources aside, the positivty for this trial makes my day a little bit rosier for now.
Uganda__ Rachel Maddow's coverage of this is a drag, and scary, but I'm glad it's still top of mind. Like, what the hell?
Haiti__ I can't even say anything about this, just God Bless those who are helping and there.
Conan__ My previous post touched on this. I'm clearly Team Coco, and I look forward to wherever he lands next.
No comments:
Post a Comment